Titled “Manufactured Home Repair: Painting and Texturing Paneled Walls”. By following the steps in this 20-minute video, your paneled walls will look darn near like textured sheetrock found. Enjoy the look of the same walls found in many newer mobile homes and residential homes. This process works on both wood paneling and vinyl-covered paneling or sheetrock. The project can be completed without having to rent any sprayers or other tools. If you can paint, you can very easily do the steps in this video. All materials are found in any home improvement store.
This video shows you how to do the following:
- Prep the wall to ensure that the texture and paint sticks.
- Fill in the grooves found in wood paneling.
- Fill in the seems between panels. No more batten strips!
- Apply texture using a regular paint roller. No fancy sprayers needed.
- Apply that final coat of paint in the color of your choice!
Let’s mention a couple of things about the above video. First, if you are expecting a high-dollar video with actors that wear makeup and every word smoothly rehearsed, this video is not for you. However, if you’re expecting a video that features a real contractor showing you how to do the job, then this video is for you.
Again, if you can paint, you can easily do the steps in this video. It’s not hard! When you are done, you’ll just love the new look of your textured walls.