Acrylic kitchen sink?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mdnagel

"Are your cabinets not as deep (front to back) as standard" Yes, NOT standard. I don't recall what the measurements were (depth- front-to-back being key). There isn't enough counter space (due to bracing/supports and front of cabinets) to cut out for a standard sink. Believe me, it would have been a LOT easier to cut an existing counter than to go through all the work it took to track down something that would fit! As stated, these two version of the same basic model were the only two sinks that I could find that matched my criteria.

All I can say is that if it's needed to clamp down the sink then you need to make sure that you have room for the clamps: can't assume that you can run to the edge of the counter (front or back). I was able to make the supplied clamps work, but only after having a lot of hassles: had to add some pieces of wood to reduce the distance the clamps had to screw down, plus to provide for more width to clamp to (in some places clamps would just hit the edges of the strips of wood used to join the cabinets); and the clamps wanted to pop loose of the sink attachment points, in which case I ended up giving them a bit of a hook.
aaroncgi

Thanks, I appreciate the detailed explanation. I think most top mount sinks do use clamps, and ours is no exception, so your advice is very helpful.
stonebynature

Many people have the wrong impression that only stainless steel or porcelain sinks can handle heat; however, due to the heat resistance of acrylic kitchen sinks of up to 535 degrees Fahrenheit,

<<<< Links removed by moderator >>>>