Bathtub

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Yardpilot

I have heard that short (54") tubs are expensive and hard to find. I just got one at Home Depot for $129. They had four in stock.

Yardpilot
Greg

Both Lowes & Depot usually stock 1 style, usually white. If you want anything else expect a special order. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Inexpensive 54x30 porcelain steel tubs have been around forever. It is the 27"-28" width that is mobile home only. If the 30" fits the walls, you can have the wider and deeper tub.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yardpilot

Interesting. The color you want is always more, isn't it? We like the white one. The old one was a rather nauseating avocado green, though if I ran into an avocado that color I would compost it immediately. The tub space is 34" deep on one end, 38" on the other end, and the old tub was 27" wide. It was a "to the walls" (and floor and just about everything else) easy replacement. The electric furnace is in a cabinet at the foot of the tub. We think about that from time to time.

This place is remarkable in its oddity. If you pull a nail there's likely to be a rhino on the end of it. Never a dull moment

Yardpilot

(What is this concept "square" I have heard so much about?)
Greg

"Square"- A construction term that is usually used in any type of construction (other than mobile Homes). It refers to a condition that is level, sides (usually walls or door/window jams) are plumb & true, walls are the same size and spaced evenly.

"Square" As a Mobile Home builder's term - Close enough, time to go home! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
joedirt63

i've learned quickly when building anything in my m/h or my daughter's square is relative. that's hard for me being the son of a machinist engineer, everything exact close tolerances , yeah right dad. :wink: i was doing my bath and because of lack of tub options i went with a shower enclosure. and got a linen closet out of it to boot
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me