underbelly insulation ?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

cas1414

We've got to replace some insulation in the underbelly. I've already gotten the underbelly material from Mark's website. My question: do I need insulation with paper backing or can I use insulation without? We live in Tennessee where the winters are not usually that cold, if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.
Greg

Most factories use unfaced fiberglass. Fiberglass batts may be the easiest to use, But I would brice both rolls & batts. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Greg S

I would personally recommend using Roxul instead of fiberglass insulation.
It does not cause the irritation problems of fiberglass, it does not absorb water (water will run right off the material in the event of a burst water pipe) and it is mold, mildew and bacteria resistant.

Much better product and far easier for the do it yourself application.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
BillPa

I also orderd some supplies from Mark and was not happy with the service
Bill
JD
Site Admin

BillPa - First, your post and/or my post may be deleted or locked by another moderator at any time. I will leave it up for now.

I am curious as to how your post has anything to do with cas1414's question as to which insulation product is best for their use. (apologies to cas1414 for the highjacking)

Being a member and then a moderator of this forum for many years, I have seen many posts which commented on a purchase through Mark's online store. Your post is the first negative comment I have ever seen. So I would say to people reading your post that your experience is not the service they should expect.

The Mobile Home repair Forum has no connection with the online store. There is nothing anyone at this forum can do to help you with your complaint. Your issue needs to be resolved with Mark or his employees. I have dealt with Mark on many occasions as a customer at his online store and in the maintenance and security of this forum. It is hard to imagine that he would let any valid or close to valid complaint go unresolved. From my own experience, Mark has shown an excellent commitment to customer service.

This forum is not the place for you to air out grievances with the online store. No further details of your complaint will be permitted.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
cas1414

JD--no apologies necessary. I do want to say 2 things. First, every time I have asked a question on this forum, I have had quick and helpful responses, and I want to say I really do appreciate it. (And don't be surprised if I have more questions-I'm still learning). Second, I personally did not have a problem with my order. The man was very professional, and I actually got my order sooner than I expected.