philips crank out window

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

drumguy

where can i find philips crank out windows to buy. i have one in my rear frp door that is broken and i want to replace it.
Rod

Philips closed its window and door plants last June. If you contact a bunch of MH supply strores you may get lucky. Better option would be to just upgrade the door.

Good Luck
Brenda (OH)

this may be a short term fix, but since it is a back door....

use metal screws to permanently shut the current window

get frosted plexiglass, cut a template out of cardboard to fit the inside and the outside of the window. The cardboard is so you can figure out what looks best, fits the best, fitting the piece to the inside of the frame, or putting the piece out to the edge of the window frame....

get plexiglass cut to match the pattern you come up with.

install the plexiglass with clear high quality caulk... add trim if you think you need it....

window now is water tight, and if the window is somewhere that it is prone to get hit again, at least plexiglass can take some abuse, and it will be easy to repair again in the future....

Brenda (OH)
joedirt63

like greg said upgrade my be good deal. also home depot has replacement door windows and screens the ones i've seen are like storm windows but it may be an option also.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me