interior bath wall ruined - where do I find new ones?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lmcgetrick

Hi everyone. While trying to get info I stumbled upon this website. I hope someone can help me. My husband and I recently decided to re-do both bathrooms in our double wide. After putting in new toilets, vanities, mirrors, sinks and extra accessories, and getting it to look just the way we wanted it, my 2 year old son decided to hang off the newly installed double towel bar, ripping the bar and a large chunk of the wall and wallpaper out. AGH! He is still alive, but now we are trying to find a match to the patterned wall panel that came with our home. It is a Commodore from 2000, and I can't seem to get anywhere trying to find a place that makes the wall panels with the same purple/green floral/vine pattern that seemed to be found commonly in double wides of that time. We reallydon't want to re-do all fo the walls, we just want to replace the one that is ruined. Anybody know where I can find a replacement?
JD
Site Admin

Probably the only chance at a matching replacement is from the manufacturer of the home. On a 9-10 year old home, that is also unlikely.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
bguy49

If the area is not too large you could put a piece of decorative wood to hide the holes.

Dave
Yanita

Hi,

JD is right, chances of replacement are slim to none. You could check inside some of your closets and see if there is a panel in there that you could remove and put in the bathroom.

The other suggestion was a good one as well. I have seen many times in MH and stick builds where the towel bars have been yanked from the walls. As said a decorative piece of wood was installed over the holes and the towel bars remounted.

Other than these suggestions, your only other options would be to repair wall as a normal piece of sheetrock, clean, prime and paint.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
peachlizzard

I had the same happen to me, but with the tp holder. And it wasn't a 2year old it was a 38 year old! We cut a piece of oak, stained to match the moulding and mounted it to the tp holder. Looks ok. We also did it where my 7year old put the door knob through the wall. Good luck!
Greg

Usually you end up rerocking the wall and painting it a close to matching color. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."