Puppy proofing under the house

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

squirt13

I have a 6 month old puppy who is pushing my skirt out of the way to get around the fence poles. Is there any way of sealing the under side of the house so she can not get under it and around the fence? I have a vinyl skirt, which is required by the park.
I have place landscaping ties, 2 stacked high, behind the skirt and she just knocked them over and went through.

Help we both need her to be able to spend time in the yard.

Note: when she is full grown she will be close to 100 pounds.
JD
Site Admin

When I use pressure treated 2x4s or 4x4s for skirting, I anchor them down with concrete form stakes. Probably 3 per 8' should make the base strong enough. When I use them for skirting, I usually drill a hole through them and drive the stake in with a small 4lb sledge. This really help the strength as the hole in the wood gives 360 degrees of support. If your dog is a digger, you may want one (maybe the middle stake of the 3) hammered in on the back side of the wood so you can nail the stake to the ties, so they can't be forced up.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.