Romm divider for mobile home

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Yanita

Actually their claws allow them to do many things, like DEFEND themselves in case the accidentally get outdoors. And in my home from one another when one of them maybe in a bad mood.

Their claws also allow them to climb in the intended places that I have created for them...To NOT spay or neuter your pet is completely irresponsible, odd coming from one that worked in a Veterinarians Office.

Now to bring this post back to it's original posters question...I prefer that this topic does not get into a battle of cat behaviors and personal opinions. Should you want to debate that please start a thread.

ALLEN S...I saw your response, where do you get such a thing, LOL, I have never heard of the indoor fence. Could you post a link?

Thanks,
Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Allen S

The Indoor fence that we use is made by PetSafe.
http://www.radiofence.com/cat-fences/in ... -fence.htm[/url]
There is hundreds of other vendors that sell this and similar products online and maybe at local pet stores. The site above is who I have purchased my indoor cat fence and our underground dog fence from.

I know a lot of people are against putting a collar on their pets that gives them a shock. I was one of them at first. I did a lot of research and talked to a couple of vets and many pet owners who use these devices before getting my own. It's not brutal as many people think it is. Our cat has received a shock twice that I know of. Now he hears the warning beeps and turns the other way. When he did get shocked (upon initial setup) he did not scream out in pain or anything like that, he just bolted the other direction. The shock is very small, much like touching a door knob on a dry winter day.
Hopefully my post is not opening a can of worms here, if it is, then feel free to split it off the original post.
Yanita

Hi,

Thanks for the link and I will get to reading it. I will leave this in this thread as I feel it is info that the original poster might want to see it. May be a good alternative to the free standing room dividers.

I am not opposed to my (furkids) having collars. Although they do have the break away ones. Even though they are inside only if/when they escape this allows them to have info about where they live, rabies info and name and phone numbers!

I am not against the little shock it gives. I have personally tested the shock that my sons dogs receive when they get to close to crossing the line at their home.

LOL, the oldest and largest dog gets is a "shock". BUT, this dog is taller than I when standing on his hind legs and weighs in at 218lbs. My son owns 3 English Mastiffs. Gabe is a love UNTIL, someone he does not know comes to close to the property, family and "his" kids, meaning my granddaughters.

Again, thanks for the info.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Teatime

OK, off-topic, but I just have to say it. I LOVE English mastiffs!!!! :D Wonderful, protective of their families while retaining a super disposition! THREE would be a challenge around the house, LOL. :lol:

Alan's idea is great! Honestly, I don't think a room divider would contain them and it sounds like their behavior -- not the home -- needs to be altered for best results.