shower base Information

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Sunshine

Hi everyone!
I'm so glad I found this site, it has answered many of my questions already! Thank you for a wonderful site!

my question is this....

I have a garden tub. I'm getting old :oops: and have trouble getting in and out of it. We would like to replace the existing tub with a full shower only. We can't find a shower base with a center back drain. It's getting cold here in Wisconsin, and would prefer not to have to go under to move pipes and drain lines. A quick slide under, and connect the drain line to the new base would be super. Does anyone know where to order a base unit for the shower? Our local DIY stores don't carry them.
Thanks
Marcia
Greg

Marcia, Hi & welcome. I have never seen one, but that doesn't mean that they don't make them. You may be able to find one on the internet, but I'm not sure what shipping would cost. Is it possible to raise it up enough to run the pipes under the base above the floor to tie into the drain? You may have no other choice than to go "downstairs" for an hour or so to move the lines. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

www.ashvillemobilehomes.com has the 27x54 center drain below. They would also be available from most mobilehome parts places. But you would probably still need to move the drain some.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Gladey

The new Skylines that we looked at had center drains in the large, double shower stalls in the master bath. Don't know what brand they used, but it might be worth a little research.
squirt13

I have been wanting to do this same thing but I need a Right sided drain. I plan on changing my ful size tub into a full size shower this spring or summer. While I have been shoping around I have seen the center drain shower pans a Home Depot. These are special order parts and are listed in their book. Lowe's probably has them also, you just need to ask about them and check out their special order book. For a 33 x60 pan they have been around $200. Hope this information helps.