jim from canada

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lefties

Jim,,i would be interested in reading anything else you have on installing a stainless chimney in mobile. What is a cathedral ceiling adapter? I only found a little info in your personal pics etc. Than :D x in advance!!
1997 commodore repo-1450 sq ft.
Jim from Canada

Thttp://www.securitychimneys.com/pages/chimneys ... country=us

Here is the website from the company I used. It will thake you to the US site. I used the Securetemp 2100+ on the Canadian section of the site which is similar to the ASHT+ you will see. These parts will go from the ceiling up. To connect the stove to this, I used the DL products listed on the site. On both products just click on the "catalogue (pdf)" button and it will bring up all the items available in that product range.
In the ASHT + section, You will see the cathedral ceiling adapter, This is what goes through the roof. It is basically a heat shield to keep the chimney away from flammable material and this is what you see me installing in the pics of the ceiling. I used a round one, they come square too. Remember that the Stainless part of the chimney goes from the ceiling up. Below that is the DL double wall from the stove to the Stainless section. The Stainless part actually justs sits in the cathedral adapter with a gasketed adapter coming through to attach to the DL section. There are plenty of drawings in the catalogue to help guide you through. The reason I went with this company is the 2100 degree rating (chimney fires are at 1800 degrees), safe to within 2" of combustables, and also they are a Canadian company from Quebec, and they know how to heat with wood, lots of experience! Hope this helps, just holler if you need more info. A bit of framing is involved, but all the measurements are in the instructions for the slope of your roof etc.

Safe burning
Jim
Jim from Canada

Oh, more tips, I went straight up from the stove, no bends or angles, makes it easier to clean. I bought my own brush and handles for less than $100 and clean it once a year. Burn only well seasoned hardwood. If you start burning 2x4's and soft wood you will get creosote buildup in the chimney which will cause a fire. No garbage in the stove! Ever! A bit softwood for kindling is OK, like a fistfull of it.

Jim
lefties

Thanks!!
1997 commodore repo-1450 sq ft.
Jim from Canada

You're welcome, always happy to help.

Jim