Replacing ductwork

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

CandyC

Hi ~ Not knowing how to start a new thread, I posted this already but now I figured it out so here goes again. Hopefully somebody out there can give some input. :lol:
Okay, now I have read in several posts that the duct work in a MH is easily damaged and that it is difficult to find somebody to clean it without problems...correct? Well, my problem is that I have done and am in the middle of serious remodeling projects in my home and there is lots of sawdust and sheetrock dust that has entered into my duct work and it's a mess! Not to mention the people that owned the home prior to me were pigs and stuffed stuff in there that I have tried fishing out but there is still stuff there and there it will stay until I figure somthing else out. Now for my question...seeing as how throughout the home I have taken up all floor coverings and it's down to the subflooring, is it feasible to simply cut out (after very careful measuring) the subflooring directly above all the duct work and replace it from above rather that tear apart the underbelly and go through that mess? I am replacing alot of my subflooring as is so just thought I'd run this past ya all. I also have had a few mice creep in here and the only way that could happen is throught the duct work so I am sure there are leaks or holes.
Any advise is so greatly appreciated. I just know I have to do something or I am going to have all this stuff (sawdust and sheetrock dust) blowing through my vents for a long time coming and I want to help in keeping the mice out. Thanks in advance for your help.
~ CandyC
Robert

Hi Candy,

I replied to the other post you made in the other thread.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?