Handyperson with mobile experience in Seattle area

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

sallyneary

I want to hire someone to do repairs for me. Anyone in the Seattle area know a good repair source for mobile homes? I can get a handyperson from Angie's list, but I would like someone who knows about mobile homes, since everything I have learned has come from this site. I need someone to do several insulation projects before it's cold, and I'm sure to need other things.
Yanita

Hi,

Unless we have a member from your area it will be impossible for us to directly refer anyone. You could call around to some mobile home parks in your area and see if the have any recommendations.

Also you can order our Repair Manual from the BOOKS/PARTS link. Read it yourself and then make sure you are home to supervise whomever you hire to do the work, and make sure they follow the manual.

If you educate yourself about the repairs it makes it a little harder on the repair people to pull one over on you.

Regardless of whom you hire make sure they are licensed and insured. Get a complete estimate and detail the work to be done. Both of you sign it. Never pay for more than 1/2 the job in the middle of the repairs, leave the balance due for the completion of the job.

I am going to move this thread to the OFF TOPIC forum as it is not about a specific repair. Please follow us there.

Good luck,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
sallyneary

Thanks. I was hoping that a member in my area would have some recommendations.

I bought the book, which has helped me to know what I need, but I don't have the skill or time for many of the projects.
Yanita

Hi,

Have you looked over the members list to see if anyone is close to your area. If you find one you could send them a PM or email via the site.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Furball

Check with managers of MH parks in your area.