story of my new home

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

cxjon

back in march my wife said "jon, lets buy a house" so we stopped in to a few places that sells mh looked at new ones and knew that they were out of my price range so we looked at older homes and found the one we wanted, its 93 schultz 16x 80. most in our price range were crappy and not where we wanted to live. So we found the home and then we looked for lots in the park we wanted to live at. they wernt many spots open with nicer/newer homes near by so we picked the best that was available. one week before our house was going to get moved the parked told us that a house just burnt down and there spot is now open. so we took it. its in a totally nicer part of the park and we were lucky we got it. Image
this was after gravel and frost pears, the installer said people came up to him and asked if he could do that to there house.

here is a few pics of the house getting pulled from its old home.

here is one at the lot with no skirting.

and the finished pics with skirting and deck

right now we are cleaning it up and doing some painting before i move in with the fam.
Last edited by cxjon on Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry

Hi

She looks real neat!

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
mokehillannie

What kind of skirting is that? It looks real nice and neat.

We are going to need new skirting when we start working on the outside of ours. It is some kind of tongue and groove wood right now and looks terrible.
Yanita

Very nice, be sure to post us some pics of the inside once you are all settled.

Hopefully you found our site before you purchased, if for no other reason than using the Buying a Used Mobile Home guide.

The park looks really nice! Wow, a park let you put in below the frostline footers, how great for you!

Welcome to the site.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
cxjon

The skirting is called HARDI board, its a concret board. looks good a lot of people like it so far.

The place i bought my home from convinced me it would be a great idea, After looking at home for a while mine is going to stay level and be better for tornados.

There is a ton of TP's around here and there is 2 that are worth living in, mine and another across town. The one across town will only let new home in. The one i live at has 3 sections old part, newer part and new part. I live in the new part which you will have a lot of late 90's homes and some early 2000 the new part only lets in new homes. THe old part has smaller yards, mine has a good size yard but the new part has the biggest yards. After mowing it for th e1st time i am now happy with my yard size.

The inside it not as good as i hoped. It needs some work. I will post pics after i am done painting. this winter we are going to carpet the whole thing.

I am going to post the pics of the shed i have to, its way huge!!!
cxjon

some random info

The house has newer siding and roof.
I have new Ugly gas stove, stainless steel fridge and dish washer( we are going to get matchin stove and the part that goes over it).
The Front door is newerish
The deck is 20' x 10'
The bathroom floors are solid and same with landry room. no sags or dip anywhere.
The walls are is nasty shape in a few place around light switches and plugs.
The people who owned it smoked hella cigs so paint is a must. I primed the whole house and cleaned it.
The insolation on the bottom is good and better then is needs tobe
I have brand new heat tape.

yeah
mokehillannie

I was thinking about using hardi board, but didn't know what it would look like. Now I know.

It looks great!!
cxjon

Its a great look! There is a few homes with the fake brick stuff that looks like poo near me most of them has standard stuff for there skirting.
cxjon

we are done painting now soooooo we are going to move in now
Yanita

Congrats...make sure you share pics of the inside!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
cxjon

we are really slow at moving but i should have pics sooon