"Mobile Home Disaster" TV Show

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Arlo

Last night I was switching around and found a show that's new to me. "Mobile Home Disaster" is on CMT. It's supposed to be a reality TV show. They spend a lot of time making fun of MH's. They took a double wide and sided it with logs. It was very much like "Extreme Home Makeover" in that they don't show a lot of "How" they do it and they waste a lot of time (IMO)showing the family on their vacation. There is supposed to be an all new episode Friday night at 9:00. If you go to CMT.COM you can find links to the show. There is a photo album that shows the kitchen. It looks wonderful. They redid it with new cabinets and granite. There are 25 photos in the album. There is info on the website on how to enter to get a makeover. You have to live in California. From the forum, a lot of MH owners are watching. Anybody else see it?
Mark
Site Admin

I watch CMT a lot but have never caught that show (never even heard of it). Actually, yesterday CMT was off the air for whatever reason in our town, but probably back on now. Will look for it.

If anyone applies and gets on the show, hopefully you'll let us know!

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Yanita

LOL, yup, just saw it for the first time tonight...thought it was a joke. As you said they spent NO time in showing how they did anything.

I did notice that they put the home on earthquake piers???? They did not even begin to show how they did the room addition or the stone skirting, new roof, porch addition and the log siding.

I got a chuckle when they started to bring in the huge tub still factory crated and thought it was going to go through the front door...hmmm, never showed how they got that in either, but they never showed the finished bath that I saw.

I certainly have no problem with MH renovations, but I really wish they would stop with the crap and make real renovation/decorating show.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

Yep, caught it a couple weeks back and it was a joke.

Haven't gave it much thought since.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?