Shower willies

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Furball

I was reading the posts about the tile board for a shower and it made me wonder. Are there other people out there who feel like the fiberglass shower floor is going to break under their feet. Makes me very nervous when it gives under my feet, so I tend to stand along the edges because they seem more rigid. Do others notice this? Or am I just a wuss?
Yanita

Hi Furball,

We have one original tub/shower unit left in this 35 yo mobile. What you are feeling is that the typical styrofoam supports under there are compressing or compressed. Your tub no longer has the needed support and sooner or latter it will crack. So if this is happening keep a check on the tub and watch for hairline cracks.

In the Books/Parts link above Mark has some stick it and repar tape that is great for a TEMPORARY repair.

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Demolition

My mobile home was built in the 1960's
The house floor is weak in the bathroom so we went under the house and put several concrete blocks under the bathtub.
You stack the blocks and wedge some wood boards between the blocks and the bathtub.
It still sags some but I ain't as worried about the tub dropping while I am naked in the shower.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
Furball

I actually thought this was a common thing and not a problem except for me. I will let the owner know about it. They will have to fix it, since I am old and decrepit. In the meantime, I'll keep my feet on the sides, since those feel rigid.

P.S. This is a shower as big as a tub but without the tub. So, I do have room to put my feet at the sides and not step in the middle.