Evcon model DGRT056AUB won't light.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sara3128

Hello. I have a Coleman Evcon propane furnace and I can't get it to light. The instructions say to turn the thermostat power switch off and the temp down, then turn on power switch and ignition switch, then slide the red lever all the way to the left until it lights. It will not light. You can hear the power come on when the switch it turned on and if you turn the theromostate on and move the lever, there is a clicking sound when it gets to the temp in the room. Other than that, nothing happens whatsoever. The pilot ignition was replaced a couple of years ago. I have two small kids and we really need some heat! Thanks!
Mark
Site Admin

Just for clarifications to others who read this, you have the type of furnace with an auto-relight feature on it.

Is this the first time you've tried to light your furnace this year? Sometimes you can get air in the gas lines and it won't light. Generally trying to light it several times should clear out the air.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Robert

Hi,

Due to this being a Propane furnace, I would suggest you call a Tech to resolve this issue.

It is possible to pocket too much gas from continued attempts at lighting and with it being propane, it is much more volatile and dangerous.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?