Wood Stove

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Kim

My wife Kim (I'm writing on her account) and I just bought a mobile home in Massachusetts. We want to buy a wood stove and install it. I have learned that some stoves are sold as being specifically "Mobile Home Approved". We're looking at a small used Jotul stove we like that does not seem to have that particular specification. Does anyone know if it's just certain states that require this "Mobile Home Approved" label, or is it something we've got to follow?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Josh
Greg

Josh, a lot depends on you. your insurance co. may not cover you should something happen because of it. permits may be a problem also if required. There are reasons for M/H requirement on appliances. I am not saying that others have not done it, but some ones' life may hang in the balance. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Those ratings and/or mandates are from HUD and everything that occurrs from that wood stove will fall back on your shoulders if it is not MH rated.

Just not something worth the risk.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?