coleman # 7665-856 burner wont light

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

stratocasterjr60

I have A Coleman # 7665-856. Our free gas well got cold and shut off our gas this morning. I pulled the plunger back down in the regulator and turned the gas back on. When we tried to light the furnace , the pilot light lit but the burner would not kick on. I checked the voltage to the gas valve and am getting 120 volts to both wires. Is this right? The gas range works normal. Help if you can, Thanks, Jr
Last edited by stratocasterjr60 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stratocasterjr60

My transformer is A honeywell # R8239A1052, I have 122 volts on terminal c an g. R and w for the thermastat has 95 volts on them and terminal y has 0 volts on it. I removed the wires from the gas valve and can get A reading of 61.7 ohms. Should I take the top off the gas valve to look for dirt or what? Thanks, Jr
Robert

You should only be getting 24-28VAC at gas valve.

Your transformer should be reading 120VAC on incoming LINE side and 24-28VAC on outgoing LOAD side.

Be sure you are testing correctly and your meter is accurate.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
stratocasterjr60

Thank you for the help. I found A used transformer for ten bucks. This one has 122 volts going in and 28.9 volts comming out. My question is, do the three limt switches all have 120 volts on them? There is one on the blower fan and two on the fire box. This transformer does not have all the wires on it like the old one but I no longer have an AC unit so I dont need all of them. I'm trying to get the wiring right. Thanks, Jr
stratocasterjr60

Done some checking and the limit switch on the blower is A manual reset switch and it looks like it works off of 24 volts and the lower two look like they work on 120 volts. Thats the way it looks to me and I 'm now trying to locate A wiring diagram for this furnace. Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Jr
Robert

Go here to order wiring & parts diagrams:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/wireandparts.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?