Is this busted door repairable?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nestsman

Is this door fixable? If so, any suggestions on how to do it? Maybe it's not worth the time. Perhaps it will be more effective to just buy a new one. Thoughts?

Thanks!
door.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ponch37300

Anything is repairable, but like you said some things just aren't worth the efforts. Interior door right? If so they are fairly cheap and easy to replace. That's what I would do.
HouseMedic

They do make a repair plate that would cover that but it would be cheaper to get a new door. You can get one at most big box stores for around $20 without the frame. You just have to drill the holes for the lock set and chisel out a little for the hinges. Or if it is just an inside door you might be able to pick up a full framed unit for around $40.

Ron
bobfather99

Id just chuck it and get a new one. Its beyond a quick repair.
Tip your bartender.....
JeffInFL

With the money you'll spend on material (and time) trying to fix that, it's worth spending $20 - $25 at Home Depot for a new door. The downside is all of their doors are 80" tall so you may have to trim it down for it to fit.

I picked up a split jamb pre-hung door for $65 for my remodel and it looks great. The only problem is the split jamb is set for 2x4 walls, and mine are 2x3 so I need to 're-engineer' it a bit to make it fit right.