No Outdoor Spigot, Can I go Thru Kitchen Sink?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

wildirishrose

I am putting my mobile home for sale. There is mold (I'm guessing) on the outside metal siding. Can I run a hose thru the kitchen sink just for this chore? Sorry, I can't figure out how to post picture. I don't have an internet picture account.
Greg

You can buy a screw on adapter that goes on the faucet. Or you could add an outside faucet and tap into the line going to the kitchen sink.

To add a picture, Click on the "Upload attachment" tab in the "Full editor" mode.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
bobfather99

I teed off from the cold water feed at the kitchen sink, drilled a hole through the siding, and installed a hose fitting and shutoff.
Tip your bartender.....
ponch37300

Do you just want a place to hook a hose up once or twice or are you looking for something more permanent? If you just want to hook a hose up for a few hours use the washer connection. If you want to add a permanent connection then you can hook into the plumbing going to the kitchen sink and add a frost free hook up outside pretty easy.
wildirishrose

Thanks for the replies. After some research, I did find info on this very subject. None of them pertained to mobile homes so that was my concern as water is the number one enemy of mobile homes. So for safety reasons, I am going with a one gallon garden pressure sprayer that can handle bleach. In part, this is due to the fact is is just a tempory job as the mobile home is going up for sale. There should be very little rain in Maine come July when I get up there. The outside needs to look good as this will be the first impression of the place. The sooner I sell the place, the sooner my husband and I can seriously look for a double wide with more land and, have a good down payment.
1987Commodore

For rinsing, hook the hose up to the washing machine connection as ponch said.
JD
Site Admin

For temporary use I agree with the washing machine supply suggestion. For those looking to add an outside spigot, the water lines to kitchens and bathrooms are usually accessible near the edge of the home. I will "T" off of one of those lines and come out just below the top of the skirting. I will use PEx to get to about the I beam area, then I use galv pipe attached to the bottom of the floor joists to come through the skirting. Use 2 nail support brackets or heavy duty type strapping to make a strong rigid hose bib connection.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Steve-WA

I'd say tornados are number one enemy, fire #2