frozen coils

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

nickykitty

Hi, we have a EB series Downflow Electric furnace, model MBC48DQA, on the inside of our mobile home and a 4 ton Ducane Air Conditioning system on the outside. I noticed the house seemed a little warmer that usual last night and put my foot over a vent and the air was not very cold. I looked outside and the air condtioner was running OK, so I took off the front of the furnace and noticed the coils were frozen. We shut it off and decided we would wait till morning to ask someone what could have caused this. Do you have any idea what could have caused the coils to freeze up like that?
Robert

Hi,

Dirty filter, blower motor not running or running very low speed, blower motor wheel dirty, a-coil dirty/blocked, low charge (leak) are most likely and common.

Every thing can be checked and/or repaired DIY except the leak, that would need a Tech.

If you go to above HVAC link, then click Articles, you'll find steps and pics in articles on cleaning the above mentioned items.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?