Water sensor

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

archive

ok--I opened the sensor unit&replaced the battery. Man,that was easy!!! But now I created another problem. In the process,I unintentionly "bumped" the contact board inside&now can't get it controlled under the mounted screws. Oh well,through the process of masking tape,I got it in place&covered. It appears to be ok,as when I wet it,it goes off!!!! Aventually,I will order a new one! Off to see what else I can 'disturb. Ron
archive

Hi Ronaldo,

Sorry that Mark hasn't answered you, he might be out of town right now. I put out an alert!

I do know that all of our detectors, whether water, carbon monoxide, or smoke, all have to be replaced every three to five years, if battery operated. Everything seems to have a very sort life span these days. It's a big gripe of mine LOL!

Bruce, these detectors do a very good job under sinks and in water heater closets. If you're like me, and your water heater closet is located on the outside of a home, this alerts you before the whole subfloor has been destroyed. Even water heaters leak slow at first before biting the dust. Most folks don't see this until the heater is history!

I know this first hand recently! Outside water heater closet. Hubby woke me up at 4:00 am, the water was running somewhere! Shut off the main to the house and went back to bed. Not everyone has this knowledge. Park dwellers and property owners differ. We try to take care of all here.

Bottom line is, that water leaks and our homes don't mix at all. Any warning ahead of time, is a blessing!

Maureen 8-)