Leveling shower door

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

ejl5090

I'm attempting to adjust my shower door in my bathroom that has started to rub on the bottom right corner of the door and rubbing against the frame.
image.jpeg
Does anyone have experience adjusting this and know how to go about doing it. There are 4 screws on the door itself that I fooled with and didn't see an improvement, is it these 4 screws on the door itself that need to be adjusted or do I have to make adjustments on the frame itself. Can post additional pictures or information if needed. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HouseMedic

Were they level before? If they were you might have a settling problem. Is your place out of level? That one that looks like a threaded piece in the second picture might screw in and out to change the level. You might have to remove a part near the middle on the bottom and take the door off to be able to make the screw shorter of longer.

Ron
ejl5090

I do believe that they were level before, wasn't this hard to close door 5 years ago, but don't see any other signs of house settling in this area of the house. There are 4 screws that are on the door, 2nd and 3rd picture, one screw in each corner that screws in and out like you mentioned. The top left screw has stripped into the track it screws into (third picture) and the door is rubbing on the bottom right corner. Could this be a possible solution/problem or are these merely place holder screws? I apologize if I'm not making sense, trying to describe myself best I can. I can post additional pictures if necessary.
JD
Site Admin

Looks to me like the screw used as a pivot hinge in picture #3, that is out of position, at an angle, is the problem. That looks like almost an 1/8" movement at the top edge, which could easily make a 3/8" drop in the opposite bottom corner. Still might be able to straighten it out with spacer nuts and washers. Something that would hold the pin straight and keep it stabilized that way while using the door. Just an idea, anyways
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.