Roof seal in winter

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Steve-WA

I had to repo a metal/metal '79 SW lonnie deal, there a couple spot leaks in the roof. Last coating was white elastomeric roll-on, and it needs a coat. BUT: Washington winter weather not conducive to this, as it's water based, and requires evaporation to cure. Best I can hope for is maybe 50 degrees & dry for a couple of days. I can't wait til summer to resell this, and I'm not paying for a new roof. I'm considering liberal spot-daubing of Henry's (208?) to temporarily seal the leaks, then (possibly) sell with a guarantee of a new roofcoat when weather permits.

Any other suggestions?
JD
Site Admin

I have used this stuff in somewhat damp conditions and it rained pretty soon after it was applied. We dried the roof area with a leaf blower and it actually sprinkling a little when applying. It stopped the leak and looked like it was a long lasting repair when I saw it the next week. I did use some mesh tape for this particular emergency repair.

http://www.amazon.com/Geocel-25200-Inst ... B000I198AO
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
hotrod53

I bit the bullet last year, shelled out $3500 and had a metal roof with a lifetime guarantee installed on my 54' x 14' by a company called Snow King. So far I believe that it was money well spent