pressure tank replacements

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mrbb

OK I have a failing pressure tank, BUt I cannot tell what size I have, there is NO info on the tank, but guessing by size its either a 20 or 26 gallon tank
the plumber that is going to replace is telling me a 20 gallon tank will be more than enough, and that I will NOT notice any loss in pressure , like as in shower water pressure, or me being able to run a power washer I have
he only carry's 20 gallon tanks, and is pushing me to buy that size tank(plus tells me the price difference to get a 26 is a bunch more over a 20)
My question is, IF I now HAVE a 26, as again NOT sure what size I actually have
but if he replaces it with a 20gallon tank
will I notice any difference's??
there is only one bath in the mobile home, and seldom more than two people at it
thanks, appreciate any suggestion
Greg

I doubt you would notice much of a difference, The tank is there to hold pressure in the system so if you open the faucet for a glass of water or flush the toilet the pump would not have to kick on. In a shower the pump would most likely be running.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mrbb

thanks , that is what the plumber was saying, but others were telling me other wise, and just wasn't sure
appreciate the reply
JeffInFL

I have a 20 gallon that I installed a few months back. I tend to take long showers in the morning, and never have any issues with pressure drops. The well pump might kick on a little more often if you downsize from a 26 to 20 gallon, but shouldn't notice any changes in the house.
mrbb

Thanks, I appreciate the feed back
and I plan on doing the 20 gallon tank
just waiting on plumber now to tell me when he can get here
guess he's busy?
hasn't called me back since Wed day??
got to love customer servise these days Lol