flex hose at end of duct work

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Asphaltcowboy

I was under my trailer tearing out damaged insulation and I noticed a plastic flex hose coming out of the end of the duct work. It curves around into a good area of belly wrap where I don't want to cut into to keep following where it goes. Does anyone know what it might be?
Greg

If you are in a double wide it may be a crossover duct. that would connect the ducts of the two halves.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
ponch37300

I have one at the end of our trailer with the master bedroom. The heat duct ends at the master bedroom for some reason and then the flex duct goes to the last register. I was just cleaning the shed out and found the box of flex duct from when I replaced it when that part of the trailer had some water damage. For the life of me I can't remember why they used flex duct in that spot but there was a reason, I'm thinking plumbing or something.
Asphaltcowboy

Yes it is a single wide so I know it's not a crossover. It possibly could be running to the last register that is in the master bathroom. Like ponch37300 said above, it's weird that they would switch to that at the very end of the duct work.
ponch37300

If it's a single wide and end of run then that is what it is. For the life of me I can not remember why they used flex but there was a reason when I was in there. It was for plumbing or to get over the frame or something. It's kind of bothering me that I can't remember now! Is your last register inline with the rest of the registers?
Asphaltcowboy

Now that you mention that, no my last register is offset with the rest. They must be using the flex tube to go under the i-beam. Thanks for the help.