Cheap Pnuematic Nailer.. any recommendations

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

crackur

Just looking for a good cheap one to use to install small moulding throughout my home. I don't want to pay much because I won't be using it after this....or atleast I have no plans.

I was thinking of finding a good one and then just buying one used but I'd like to have some recommendations so that I know I am getting something that will work.

Thanks in advance for all recommendations etc.
JD
Site Admin

Trim nailers come pretty cheap. There is always Harbor Freight, but i would go with the cheaper stuff at Lowes of Home Depot, etc. If the gun does not work out it is easy to return. An 18ga gun using 2" brads will cost about $60. You can get a 16ga gun, running heavier brads, for $90. Or move to quality and get a Bostich 18ga for the same price. I have all Bostich and Porter Cable pneumatics. I use the 16ga often to hold stuff in place while using screws or a palm nailer. ANYONE driving a lot of 16d nails needs to get a palm nailer! For $40 you will giggle when you see nails disappear instantly.

If you don't have a compressor yet, the Bostich, Porter Cable, etc. combos are a great deal.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
ponch37300

Here is a factory reconditioned bostitch for 45 bucks with free shipping on your first order, http://www.cpooutlets.com/factory-recon ... r-tools--1. I've ordered a few reconditioned things from them before and have had good results. Otherwise I would second JDs advice. Most of my finish nailers are bostitch and I've been happy with them.
Greg

I've had my Porter cable for years, Never missed a beat.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
crackur

thanks guys I'll try to peep some over the next couple of days.