Hook up drain to double bathroom sink

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

RickW

IMG_0002.JPG
Not sure how to hook up a drain for new double sink in the bathroom. As always any help is really appreciated. As you can see in the picture the drain has to go behind drawers. I can only take a pic of the one drain but there is another one on the far left.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ponch37300

You're going to need to glue a threaded coupling on that has a plastic nut on it. Then a P trap will go into that. Then a double sink drain kit, they sell these in the plumbing section and it will have all the parts and pieces you need to get the sinks drained to the P drain and then into the drain. You will have to figure out how to route these behind your drawers since the picture doesn't show exactly where the drains and drawers line up.
RickW

Do I have to use one p trap or two?
1987Commodore

Just one. The p trap will be attached right before the drain from the sinks goes into the main drain line.
RickW

Is the double sink drain kit the same kit you'd use for a kitchen?
Greg

It should be set up the same way, tie the two sinks together then the trap then the main discharge line.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
HouseMedic

Hopefully this will help you out. I have made the draws shorter so the drain can run behind it or you will have to eliminate the draw all together. The only other way is to get a different vanity.

Ron

RickW

HouseMedic,

Thank you for the pic it helps a lot. Is all your piping 1 1/4" and then you have a coupler at the end of your P-trap to enlarge your pipe to 1 1/2" or is it all 1 1/2". If it isn't 1 1/4" is it ok to use 1 1/4" piping till I get to the main drain or do I have to convert my 1 1/4" drain coming from the sinks to 1 1/2" all the way to the main drain?
HouseMedic

I find a lot of bathroom vanities are 1 1/4" pipe from the sink down including the P-trap until it connects into the wall pipe which is usually 1 1/2" pipe. Kitchens are most all the time 1 1/2" complete.
RickW

Thank you