Tub Drain

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

RickW

HouseMedic,

They told me they don't make them anymore and sold us a p-trap that is opposite than what is already on the drain pipe which means I would have had to cut off the female end of the p-trap. Thanks so much for the link. I just have a couple questions before I quit posting to this. I did buy the same drain shoe that was glued into my old p-trap because the length is the same as the old one. Is this type of connection just as good as the swivel connection? Are you supposed to put a gasket on it anywhere? We bought a push down type of drain stop we really like that. if Mark sold that we'd buy it from him. Can we buy just the putty-less gasket here and use that with our stopper? Before we screw our stopper into the shoe do we have to put anything on the threads? We're going to order what we need tomorrow and also buy the mobile home book. Thanks everyone. The kid working at the mobile home store knew very little about this. He must be learning.
HouseMedic

If I remember right the swivel connection just makes it easier when you are installing the drain assembly to the shoe so if you have a ridged one that should still work it just might be harder to thread the drain assembly into it. As far as the white washer/gasket goes if you don't have one you can just use the plumbers putty under the lip of the drain assembly like it shows in the picture linked below and there should be a rubber gasket between the bottom of the tub and the nut or shoe itself depending on the type that you have.

Ron

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/tubdrain4.JPG
RickW

Ordered p-trap and book today!