Urgent Question - Model of Mobile Home

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mobilenewbie

IMG_0616.JPG
We are in a bit of a bind. We are trying to get insurance on a mobile home that has been on our property for some time now, our property policy expiring on July 7. The problem is that the mobile home has been heavily upgraded, and any identifying information on manufacturer and model has been lost. We know it was built in 1973 in Alberta, but beyond that we know nothing. We need at least some sort of best guess.
IMG_0939.JPG
IMG_0616.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Norm Frechette

Whats the model number on your old policy, deed, real estate papers etc?

Records at your town hall?

inside my master bedroom closet is a sticker on the wall with everything about my mobile home. maybe check around inside your closets
Greg

Inside the closets or near the breaker box is the usual place for the build sticker.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mobilenewbie

I guess I wasn't clear in my op. This mobile has been heavily upgraded eg: the original cupboards gone, new closets, new studs, new outer plates , new siding, new windows, new electrical panel, new wiring, new plumbing, new heating, new siding, new roof, new insulation new flooring etc... there is very little of the original trailer left. The trailer hitch has been cut off and tossed. We are desperate here. Without insurance the bank will call our motgage we will lose property worth an excess of 450,000 all for a stupid mobile mobile home. HELP!!!
Greg

My best advise would be to drive through a few parks in your area and see if you can find a similar one. You are dealing with a 40 yr.old home here, the insurance company should give you some leeway here.

When I had my old place with the same ID problem we picked a name & made an ID #

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Greg S

Most mobiles have a identification plate attached to the frame under the home usually near or on the front cross member. Time to get dirty.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Steve-WA

Sometimes it's die-stamped on the front cross member of the frame; pull skirting off front & center, have a wire brush, chalk or talc and a rag handy