How can I reduce the dust in my room?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Jeck_martin

We change the filter everymonth,shoes come off, and for some reason, there is TONS of dust, ONLY in my room. I accumulates on my computer screen and TV, it gets really annoying.I vacume and dust allot but it keeps coming back within an hour.
Denise

I'll be REALLY interested in the posts on this. I've lived in three mobile homes since moving to Tennessee all have been very dusty. This 10 yr old one is the oldest.
Brenda (OH)

check the heating duct, be sure it is attached securely to the sub floor, and has no holes in it. put a flashlight down the next closest register opening, aim it towards the one in the problem room. take a mirror and put it down the hole,tilted so you can see the light... get depressed at all the stuff that is lying in there....

post a question on how to clean the heating duct...lol... my method involves a shop vac, 50 feet of nylon rope, an ceiling fan brush, an electrical fish tape, an a sense of humor..... I hope someone else has a better method... which is why i am not putting the details in at this time!!!!

Brenda (OH)
jhonride

first of all let me know that where your room is located and what are the reasons of this than i'll help you that what to do :)