Sealer for new flooring

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

bguy49

I have installed a vinyl tile floor which is 12” x 12” squares with the self stick backing. Is there a clear sealer out there that I could use to prevent water and junk from collecting in the seams?

Dave
JD
Site Admin

Been watching your post and hoping someone would have some info for you. I have never laid a peel n stick tile. so I don't have first hand knowledge. I would be concerned that the sealer could loosen the adhesive of the PNS tile. Again, I don't know if that would happen. There are sealers for commercial vinyl tile and that might work. It goes on white and dries clear. You might then loose the no wax properties of the PNS though.

Also, sealer will wear down and need some maintenance. There will still be some dirt that will accumulate in the cracks. The sealer does not fill, only seals. So after a while (maybe years, I dunno) you will need to scrub out the cracks and reapply sealant.

Maybe someone has a better suggestion.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
bguy49

I did lay these pretty tight, so the seams are minimal. I just wonder if a sealer would do what I want....just keep water and dirt out.

Menards should carry something........just wondering if any other MH owners had a good recomendation!

Dave