Leaky Shower Head

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

eric6001

I have leaking from the back of my shower head that is dripping down onto the floor behind the drywall. Any ideas on how to get the leak stopped? It doesnt leak on the inside of the shower or even at the water lines, just the shower head.
Greg

It sounds to me like more than just the shower head, unless you have a weird head. To me it sounds like the arm is leaking at the elbow in the wall. In some cases you can tighten the arm up or remove it and check for cracks an reseal it. In other cases I have seen a glued together elbow/arm. You may need to cut an inspection / access panel on the other side of the wall to get to the pipes. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Jim from Canada

It may be the threaded connector is cracked, have come across this myself. Go get a new shower head, they are cheap. Don't forget some teflon tape before you put the new one on.
If it is leaking down the wall, I would think it is the elbow too though. Kinda hard for water to run up hill on the elbow to get to the wall.
ochetura03

you know that happen to me not that long ago and it was that the shower head was unscrewed in between both sheetrock i had to replace 1 sheetrock but it was worth it because the whole sheetrock was full of mold due to the leak
awo ni orunmila ochetura