Underbelly repair?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

TonyPa

I noticed underneath, that some of my underbelly insulation has some "cut outs", like they were repairing stuff. They sliced it, and did not tear away the harder surface on it. Is there a way of taping it, or repairing. I am sure tape will just dryrot, and fall off. Any ideas, so i can seal the holes back up?
Greg

Tony, What type of underbelly do you have? Buffalo board or the plastic fabric? Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
TonyPa

It's like black plastic type of fabric..
Greg

Mark has the belly tape in the store here. It is about the only stuff that holds. JD also has a tape that he uses, you can do a search of this posts using belly tape as a key word I know he has said what kind it is. Mark also has repair kits in the store. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

I tried the Flexmend tape a a couple of years ago, but it didn't stick very good without using a heat gun on it. But that is what the stuff is made for. I have been using a lot of the window underlayment tape called Tite-Seal (Lowes, etc.) for lot's of purposes. This is some VERY sticky stuff that will last in heat, cold, etc. Haven't tried it on a belly repair, but I think it would work. The biggest problem with tapes is you need to press it on pretty good to get good adhesion and the underbelly material does not offer much resistance.

What I do use for belly repairs is the underbelly material and spray adhesive. I use 3M Heavy Duty Spray Adhesive 90 (not 3m 77). Stay-put is another good brand. You do want a construction grade product rather than a home/hobby grade. Mark sells what you need in the Books & Parts section of this web site. (Link below)

http://mobilehomerepair.com/extremebelly.htm

http://www.cofair.com/window.aspx Tite-Seal

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
TonyPa

Thanks very much. I am going to order some. I need to seal that up, or it will bother me.