Strange wet spot....

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

TonyPa

I am seeing a damp wet spot on my osb floor in my bedroom. There is no carpet in there, since we bought it. I noticed it when we bought it, but thought it was a stain.
I was up working on the house yesterday, and bent down, and touched it, and it is damp, and slightly mushy. About 7 inches round.
Now, it is in the back bedroom, where there should be no plumbing underneath on that side. And also, no stains on the ceiling at all. So no roof leak. Ceiling was clean and dry, and no spots.
It is about 3 foot out from the wall. So it is not water running down the wall. I am lost.... :cry:
Yanita

Hey Tony,

Just guessing here...but, does your incoming water lines run in that area under the home?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
TonyPa

No, it is actually on the other side. I am lost with this. I think i am gonna adjust my cirular saw tonight, and just cut that out from the inside,, and see what under it. i just want to be moved into it soon...LOL
Yanita

I hear ya Tony.

Come to think of it over the years there have been a few others that have found this mysterious wet spot in the center of the floor. No ceiling stain...no answers, at least none that I can remember.

Let us know what you find underneath...hey any pets been in this room unattended?

yanita
TonyPa

Well, I cut it out, and the underneath of it was dry. SO I smelled the stain, and it reminded me of when my kids were young....hmmm
My 12 year old girl said...
"Daddy, thats where I spilled baby oil the other day"....ugh!!
My kids are gonna make me nuts!
I know there was a stain there before though, I cannot be losing my mind at 44 years old..LOL
Jim from Canada

We had one of those spots too. Did the same thing (cut it out to look). Could not find anything. Still a mystery! Disappeared last year.

Jim
Yanita

Good morning,

Sorry to laugh at you Tony, but I did just that. Kids, cats dogs and sometimes husbands I lump into the same category.

Well at least you know there is nothing there and thankful your daughter cleared up the dilemma.

Have a good day.

Hi, Jim, I knew there was someone here that had this mysterious wet spot...

Yanita
Greg

44, kids, and you THINK that you aren't loosing your mind?? Wait untill the grand kids come!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
TonyPa

I don't blame you for laughing. I was quite aggrivated when she told me, but glad she did. No wonder my nerves are shot!
DigitalDreams

Just look at it as a verification process(You have verified there is no plumbing under there and that, that piece of floor is new).