Plastic trim around front door, Help

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Handweaving

Does anyone know where I can get a new plastic trim for my front door. It's all cracked and have had to put duct tape on it to keep out the outside. I have a 1988 Fleetwood. It wraps from front to back of door and I've tried several types of rubber/plastic stuff but nothing that will allow itself to be adhered to front and/or back of door.
Thanks for any help you can give. I'll try to add pics here, if unable I'll put them in my photos. mmmmmmmm. they'll be in my pics.
Yanita

Hi,

I can't answer your question about the door trim...BUT, for posting the pics in a post, when you are making a post (reply) look in the upper right hand corner, UPLOAD...

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Handweaving

Yanita,
I don't see the upload sign. What can I do to get it there?
Greg

The upload is on the reply screen Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Handweaving

Mine does not say upload any where on my reply page!
You can tell me again, but, it's not there!
And not on my new topic page either.'

Could someone please help me with my question about my door?
Thank you
Maureen

Hi Juli,

The upload link should be right in the reply message just above the reply box to your right. It's just a small button that says upload picture.

Now, are you asking about door trim, or door insulation? I only ask because you mentioned using duct tape to keep the cold out. Door trim is the pretty stuff that goes around the door that you look at. It's trim, and nothing else. Insulation, or the rubber, where the door meets the jamb, is another story. It can be found at any home store! Remove old weather stripping and install new.

That's an easy fix, and cheap also! Just ask questions when you buy it and follow instructions during installation.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Handweaving

Hi Maureen, Thanks for the reply.
Not trim, I know about trim. As you can see in my pics the wall unit I built.
This is a plastic form fitting around the edge (if you'll look at my door pics) which covers the front edge, the back edge And the sides of the door.
The door is a wood frame with a little insultation and a hard plastic for front and back. The trim or as you say It must be "the rubber, where the door meets the jamb". I've looked at every store and noone has any thing that isn't flat.
I thought maybe someone else might have a door like my '88 fleetwood and could advise me.
And, yes I already understand that the upload link "should" be right in the reply message just above the reply box to my right.
Sorry, it's still not there.
Please no more responses to my Not having a upload.
Thanks
Yanita

Juli,

Could you post a screenshot of your reply page to your personal album?

Thanks, Yanita
Handweaving

Hi Yanita,
I posted my reply page. Had to print it first, don't know what happened with the drag on it.
Yanita

Hi,

Glad we got it resolved! :lol:

Now back to your original problem...my last home had doors like that, I never did find anything to repair it with properly, ended up replacing the doors!

For those trying to help these doors are traditional mh doors, very light weight, with some sort of plastic type textured covering. Around the top, bottom and the non hinged side is a piece of thin curved almost type plastic trim. As it ages it gets real brittle and cracks or as hers has looses big pieces. It is not part of the trim around the door, it is actually on the door.

Anybody got a fix for this. Mine was only damaged at the very bottom, closing the door with my foot while my arms where loaded with groceries. until we replaced the door I bought one of those draft stopper things that screw to the bottom of the door. It's a metal bar with a rubber sweep on the bottom.

Have a great night!

~Yanita~