Holes in floors

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

AngieH63

Our mobile home is a 1982 Horton. It had the pipes that were involved in the class action lawsuit. At the time, we hadn't lived here long and had no idea how big the problem was. We got part of the settlement and did nothing with it. Our home now has several holes in the floors that will eventually have to be fixed. The first one is going to have to be the hole under the toilet in the master bath. If my stepson hadn't told us the pipe would hold the toilet up, we probably would've had it fixed a long time ago. It's been like this over 4 years. Who would be best to call to fix it? A handyman? Plumber? Carpenter? We will get some money around June or July from inheritance and this is one thing I definitely want to do with the money. We have several other holes in floors or uneven spots, also wonder what will be involved, but the bathroom is number 1 priority. All will need new wood, linoleum or carpet. Anybody have any experience with these types of situations? Ideas? What it may entail and cost? Thanks in advance.
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

Any handman or plumber who's willing to work on a mobile home should be able to handle the job. Generally the toilet flange will have to be cut-off to put in the new floor. This can be complicated if there's too many other pipes connecting at the same point under the floor. We do have a video that shows the process. It can be gotten here: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/floorvideo.htm

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Greg

Mark also has written a book that covers about any repair you may come across, avalable in the Books & parts section of the site.

The repairs you need are not difficult, but do take some time to do. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Brenda (OH)

this is the link to a posting that has a very good diagram for repairing a floor while leaving the toilet flange in place. I found it very helpful

Brenda oh

https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/v ... let+flange