Hide trailer hitch?

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Mary and Griffin

Anyone have any ideas to cover the hitch? I tried plants last summer but had no luck with the soil. I can't afford to get scrubs right now.
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard
texasprairierose

What about a little 3' or so high fence? Like the ones that they put around air conditioning units. It could be painted to match your house so that it would not be as noticeable.

Diane
Yanita

Hi,

When we had our single wide ours was skirted in the same as the home.

I have seen many that have the lattice enclosure or some that have even used a tongue and groove wood.

With mine after it was wrapped in skirting I laid a piece of pressure treated inside and then set potted plants on top of it. At another home I lived in in Vermont I planted a spirea inside the hitch...it has long sweeping branches and helped hide the hitch.

Depending on where you live and if your hitch unbolts you may be able to remove it and just set it under the home should you ever need it it in the future.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

You could try boxing the hitch in and effectivly making a raised garden bed out of it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Jim from Canada

Mine is a bolt on. It is no longer bolted on. It lives tucked away under the home.

Jim
Mary and Griffin

thanks for your ideas...
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard