Wall Mirror Removal

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Denise

I started to remove this mirror thinking that I would be able to slide it out one side. Forget that! there is mastic on the back. I have covered the mirror with tape so if it cracks I wouldn't be in a real jam. The only thing I can come up with that may not cause too much damage is sliding wet cotton string behind it and the wall in a sawing motion. I know I'm going to damage the wallboard but maybe not in large chunks this way. Any other suggestions?? Thanks all!!Image
NMBowtie

I just removed 4 of these to remodel my master bath. They were held on by a double sided foam tape. I used a piece of thin plastic ribbon (like the narrow package ribbon) to "saw" behind the mirror to get it off the wall. Once the mirror was off, the residual tape came off fairly easily. It did not damage the wallboard.
Gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
Denise

Thanks so much!!
Yanita

Hi,

In my previous home it was glued on. We removed it by taping it up, laid a sheet over the counter and used a thin putty knife and worked our way around. Once freeing it up some we used a wire as a saw behind it.

Surprisingly the glue used chipped off the wall with relative ease and left no damage to rt]h e wall board.

Yanita

PS, regardless of your method, wear eye and hand safety items.
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Denise

Mission Accomplished!

Thanks Every One!