Backsplash done

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Willc

I still need to do some trim work whick will be all in black.Change the receps and switches and put the piece behind the stove
Starting over remodel junkie
Jim from Canada

ooooohhh! I like that! Sally probably will too. We both really like wood. Nice job.

Jim
Yanita

Hi Will!

Looking good!

Thanks for the pic. When we get ready to remodel our kitchen I want beadboard walls, was wondering what it would look like.

I am considering staining mine with a gel stain, not sure of color yet though.

Any thoughts on what you are going to use as a sealer? What are your thoughts for behind the stove?

Merry Christmas,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Willc

No sealer I don't get that messy in the kitchen . It will be a standard black metal splash from lowes. The stain is just a raw umber glaze. The reason I a using a lot of black is the raw umber is a bit brown if you add a lot of black in the trim it will fool the eye.
Willc

Also the board is "trim and save "from lowes. 8 dollers for 14 SQ ft . I have less than 40 into it .
Greg S

You should really seal it with something like a clear urethane or any stains (grease, spaghetti sauce, water etc.) will leave a mark that you can not remove. Several coats of urethane will allow you to wipe it off easily and help to prevent black water stains (mold) from forming along the bottom edge.