Tree.....

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

sd0321

Hello -

Bailouts. Too complicated for me. I feel sorry for workers that will lose jobs......but not too sad for big businesses that have mismanaged.....don't feel like I have a say in where my tax dollars go anyway..... but anyhow, on to the tree I detest.....

When you have a mobile home and pay lot rent to a mobile home park, who is responsible for the trees?

I have a tree on my (leased) lot that is half dead already. It seems that if the wind blew hard enough the dead branches could end up on top of my mobile home.

One thing I liked about this place first time I saw it was "The Water Feature."

Cute little pool of clean water with a statue lady pouring water back into the little pool......

Okay, so turns out the water feature gets so filled with the cottony stuff that blows off the big half dead cottonwood tree in my front yard that you really couldn't plug it in and run it unless you were willing to stand there with something like what you would use to catch a fish in a fish store....one of those nets.....so I gave that away as soon as I realized that I was not going to be able to use it....plus the water was a breeding ground for mosquitoes.....but, hey, atleast I still had the wind chimes....

Anyway, I hate this tree. Every time the wind blew in the summer, green leaves and branches everywhere. Fall? Walking on cornflakes.....no sense in keeping on raking, because still plenty more leaves on that tree to fall yet....

Today? Sunday? Almost the last day to rake before the snow hits and stays?

Fourteen bags of these darn leaves. Blisters on my right hand from the rake.

And, did I mention, I have a really small yard.

I want this tree gone.

Do I have any say in it, seeing how I'm just paying lot rent? Is it up to the mobile home park to take care of the tree when they feel it needs it? Or is it on me? Or could I pay someone to make this tree go away? A tree hit man, that's what I want to hear......sherry
Greg S

Check your park rules.
It your responsibility to contact the park owner in these matters as he owns the trees. Ask him to remove it as it is a safety issue.
If he refuses to remove it ask if you can remove it at your expense.
Contact your insurance company and make sure you are covered in case it falls on your home.
Yanita

Hi,

As stated above it is the park owners tree. You do not have the right to remove it unless you have written permission.

It is also up to the park to maintain the tree. Should the tree or a limb fall off and cause damage to your home it falls back onto the park...not you! At least that is the way it works in NC.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg S

Up here the home owners insurance kicks in first which is why park rules state individual homeowners insurance is mandatory.
Yanita

LOL, down here there are few homes that have insurance unless they are still fiananced.

I do believe that if the homeowner has insurance then it becomes a battle between the 2 insurance companies.

Yanita
sd0321

Thank you for the responses - I'm going to write my concerns about that tree to the managers that the lot rent goes to, I don't know who the owner of the park is - and see if they are willing to atleast cut all the dead stuff off, or better, cut the whole tree down.
Yanita

Hi,

Make sure you send certified mail, this ascertains that someone at the office got the letter, make sure to have a copy of the original letter in your possession.

Let us know how everything turns out for you.

Yanita
Jim from Canada

It goes both ways here, both against the tenant. I had a tree on my lot that was here before the home. A huge branch broke off and put a hole in my roof. Brought the landlord to the LTB and didn't get a thing for my costs for the roof repair. Couldn't get permission for cutting either. Now I cut before asking permission. Easier to get forgivness than permission and the landowner doesn't give a squat about this place.

Jim