Furnace Quit Working This Morning

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tinablalock

Hello all,

I have a 2000 16 x 80 Fleetwood MH in Missouri. This morning the furnace was running, all of a sudden it made a noise that sounded like something being dragged through gravel, there was this terrible chemical/smoke smell, and the furnace stopped. I checked the breaker, and it was partially tripped. I went ahead and turned the breaker for the furnace off. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? I am sure I need a service call by an HVAC technician, I was just wondering if there were any thoughts out there about what this could be. Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately, I do not know the make/model of the furnace, I didn't think to get that information before I left home this morning.
Robert

Hi,

Sounds like maybe a problem with the blower motor. Would need the model number and more info to try and help further.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tinablalock

Robert,

Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it. I am going to get a service tech out, think furnaces are a bit out of my league. :)

Thanks-
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?