Replacing furnace

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

eugpenn

I have a 1986 Marlette home 60x28 and the original furnace an Inertherm 70,000 BTU furnace, needs to be replaced.

It has always been a little on the small side for it's ability to heat the square footage of the home it seems, maybe because I have 3 skylights,doorwall and bay window,

I have heard that the next size up is a 90,000 BTU and the choices seem to be Coleman,Inertherm, Nordyne and Miller.

I am thinking about the 80+ efficiency unit,not sure about the different stages, eventually I will probably add central air.

Any advice will be very much appreciated
Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

Nordyne makes Intertherm and Miller. Best advice I always give on this matter is to locate a local hvac contractor with plenty of manufactured housing knowledge and then ask lots of questions and listen to what is said and recommended.

The installer is way more important than the unit.

Also, be sure they do an ACCA Manual J Load Calculation to determine correct size unit needed.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi Fred,

I deleted your post because wrong advice is not allowed here. It is not a myth about the static pressures and not installing MH rated units will void your insurance and IS against code.

I will NOT debate this and any attempt to post same comments will be deleted.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?