NASCAR

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Yo

Did ya see Jr won today? .....finally.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Jim from Canada

It wasn't on TV here so we watched it on NASCAR Race Buddy. Had the second monitor on the live leader board, which isn't really up to speed with the race. All I can say about Jr. winning is WOO HOO! First this year for Hendrick too!

Jim
Yanita

Hey Harry and Jim,

Yup, I watched it through naps....LOL!

My youngest son and a couple of my friends were glad that JR finally got his win...As we know he isn't my favorite but was happy for him...now when will Tony's turn happen????? :?

Happy Fathers Day Gentlemen!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi

What do you think of Tony #20 in the news?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Harry,

I have not had the chance to do any reading about it. What I can say is I am glad he did not got o Hendricks Motor Sports. I was surprised to hear that JGR let him out of contract a year early. Last I heard was that Joe Gibbs was not going to let that happen.

Well hopefully I will get a few minutes today and catch up on that news!

Have a good one, LOL, it's a great day here with the rain clouds and the easy rain....we sure do need a couple days like this.

Yanita
tnt17

Owning his own team with Haas should be interesting, to say the least. See if the 'new' ownership burdens of owning a team sink in right away next season or if he/they have success.
And Martin in the #5, that will be something....with teammates like he'll have, we'll see if the #5 can finally be competitive.
[url=http://www.stormpulse.com]Huricane & Thunderstorm Tracker link[/url]
Harry

Yo

Did ya see where the Gibbs team got caught cheating ... masking the HP of their powerful engines at the dyno check by putting shim (1/4" magnet) under the gas pedal.

Looks like big penalties are coming on this one.

Stay tuned.

Harry
Yanita

Hey folks,

Yeah I saw that and was terribly disappointed that a high caliber team such as Gibbs would stoop to such levels.

They certainly deserve any and all fines and point losses that are handed down! I know everyone says that all teams cheat BUT I hate the thought of that.

I know this will sound like I am trying to justify thier actions, and believe me I am not.... But at least they were not doing some modification that was illegally increasing horse power or aero dynamics.

Waiting till Tuesday... :?

Yanita
Harry

Yo

Cheating is part of the NASCAR culture. The fans excuse cheating.

It was“OK” when Junior Johnson was being chased by the revenuers.

Harry
Yanita

Hey,

Yeah, I know all that history but in todays world I just get irked that the high dollar teams feel the need to cheat.

The only part of this I can overlook is the fact (to my knowledge) that they did nothing to illegally increase horse power or alter there cars.

LOL, some fans excuse cheating, this one does not do so easily.

Yanita
Harry

Yo

NASCAR suspended seven crew members of Joe Gibbs Racing and stripped drivers Tony Stewart and Joey Logano of 150 points each Wednesday for cheating after last weekend's Nationwide Series race.

Crew chiefs Jason Ratcliff and Dave Rogers were suspended indefinitely and fined $50,000 each, but NASCAR decided not to bar the cars from future races.

Owner Joe Gibbs said he would not appeal the penalties. He indicated he would also personally fine the crew members involved and suspend them through the end of the season.

Harry
Yanita

Wow, thats alot of points! What happened to Kyle not getting any punishment? Or was he in the race. I heard the car that Tony was driving was generally driven by Kyle, guess I need to go to NASCAR.com, huh.

Thanks for the update...off to NASCAR.com, just gotta read this, LOL.

Yanita
Yanita

Hennry,

Your post has been deleted. Please look for an email from me.

Thanks,
Yanita
Site Admin/Mod