Introduction

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Claudia

I just want to introduce myself. I bought my MH in NC about 5.5 years ago knowing practically nothing about it. I still don't know a whole lot except that when something needs to be fixed, NOTHING is standard. The folks at Lowes have almost no clue when I go asking questions.

My tax bill says '1977 Gren' Gren must be short for something? I tried to fill out most of the profile. The water heater is under the counter to the right of the sink, I don't know the size. My heat is propane, I bought the furnace used from the landlord.

I got remarried two years ago and since then we've made a lot of improvements. We lucked out and got some wood flooring for free. We found a guy a few doors up who knew how to install it so we paid him to do it and now he's my husbands new buddy. Of course we had to fix the ugly walls first! The more we do, the more we keep thinking of. The list gets longer and longer.Image

I hope I've uploaded the picture of our new LR correctly. We haven't decided on an entertainment center yet so the TV is on the coffee table.

Nice to meet you all.
Greg

Hi & welcome. There may be no telling what Gren stands for unless someone in the area or here knows. From what I can see it looks to be in good shape.
I think the home you have is pre- HUD, so the manufacturer may not even be around any more. There may be a sticker near the fuse box or in a closet with the manufacturer's info. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi Claudia,

Welcome to the site and thanks for the introduction.

We are a pretty laid back site and have a lot of great members here always willing to help.

We don't have alot of rules, but I will tell you just a few things we expect...LOL, guess I need to get another stickie put up. Anyways, we ask that our members always be respectful to one another. In the rare event this does not happen please email or PM one of the Admins/Mods of what is happening.

We ask that members start thier own post when asking a question. Although some questiopns are similiar in nature they sometimes require a different answer.

We try to keep chit chat to a minium on the Repair Forum. Admin/Mods are required to keep these post on topic. Please feel free to answer any question that you can.

We offer very little advice on electrical and gas repairs. This is not an area to learn to do either. Both require knowledge in that field of expertise.

All heating, venting and ac questions are to be asked in the HVAC forums, there are 6 (I think) sub forums over there. Please post your question to the one most applicaable to your needs. Please read the posting tips before posting. Robert is our main tech over there and is very knowledgeable.

Check out all the other forums and the links at the top of the page. Lots of great info in there.

We have a Mobile Home Repair manual for sale in the BOOKS/PARTS link. It was written by the owner of the site. This is a great book to have before you get into repairs/remodels. Easy to read and understand and lots of pics!

Again, welcome to the site and we look forward to your contributions!

Yanita

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Claudia

Thanks, don't worry I'll always be nice and try to follow the rules. I really should keep finding out more about my place. I should also find out why I never got a title. The LL just gave me a cash receipt.

Since the recent improvements, Carlos and I feel a lot more like we're in our 'Home' now rather than another temporary place.

I really do want to get that book one of these days!
Yanita

Hi,

You bought this from your landlord? Is it in a park or on private property (yours). Is it on skirted in with say block/brick. Single or doublewide.

I ask these questions as that will depend upon where your title might be.

If your home is considered "real property" then the title is no longer. Your home will now have a deed. If it is not real property then your title should be with the DMV. If you paid outright for this home you should of gotten the title, same type of transaction as if selling a car. If you fiananced it then your fianancial institution should have it. Either way I would be tracking it down, it is your proof of ownership.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Claudia

I pay lot rent in a park. It's on cement blocks, it's a single wide, 12 x 65 I believe.

You got me thinking now. I do get a property tax bill from the county so he had to have transferred ownership. I would think that would involve transferring a title like with a car. I sure don't recall ever signing anything. I'll have to call him and/or the county office and get some answers!