Keep double single pane windows for keeping mh cool or remov

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

betty_joanne

Would it better cooling wise (houston, tx) to keep the interior and exterior windows or would it not make much of a difference in cooling bill if we took out the interior windows and had just the single pane exterior windows? Dh wants to know cause he wants to pull interior windows and have a sort of window sill like in a regular home.
Greg

Well the general concensus here is to pull BOTH inside & outside windows out and install a quality double hung window. I installed Pella windows in ours they seal better and you can have real window sills.
In all honesty the price is not that bad for a quality window. Up here it's about $200 each. it may be worth you checking into. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi

I agree with Greg.

Around here we go to Lowes for Pella....check em out.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi,

To answer your question, your inside windows are considered storm windows. To remove them will mean you will get more heat from the window.

If you want/need windows sills then I guess you could install some sort of small shelf at the bottom of the window.

The best solution energy wise is to replace the windows with a traditional double or single hung, low E window.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!