Hot Water Heater

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

sherryjackson

Hi! I am desperate to locate my hot water heater. I own a 1986 North River MH single wide, 14 x75? It has a split floor plan with bathrooms located at each end of the home. I have looked everywhere inside and outside for an access panel, but have not found one. Does anyone have any information on where it would be or how to find it?

Thanks sooooo much!
Greg

Check for a panel in the closet of the master bedroom. If you cannot find it, look under the home for the main water supply, the heater is usually near where the water supply enters the home. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

Or like mine it can be located under the kitchen counter behind a panel.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
sherryjackson

You all are great! Thank you all for your time and assistance. I will let you know when I find it!
klm9707

In my last home the water heater was located in the master bedroom closet as mentioned by Greg and in this home it is behind a panel in the mud room.
sherryjackson

Update, the master closet is on the outside wall, no room for anything there. There are no removable access panels inside the home. I checked inside every closet and cabinet. I have had others look with me and we have checked every inch of the home. Could it be accessible from the outside? There are no obvious removable panels, but could it be behind the metal siding?

Thanks again!
Robert

Hi,

If accessible from outside, you will have an access door. Look under home to see where waterline enters through the underbelly, it will be in that area.

IF it's in master bedroom closet, it will be at one end behind the wall, sometimes it is hard to see the removeable panel.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
BIG O

My 1999 single wide 16/80 water heater is behind a panel in the master bedroom closet. The panel goes from roof to floor. When you look into closet it is to the right side closest to the bedroom door.
IT'S BIG O BABY!!