Flame Sensor

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cyberxaos

I have a M1MB-077A BW Furnace.
Recently I have been getting Lockout due to failed ignition. This is a unit that I picked up for my garage. It worked fine for about a month. Then seemed to blow cold air occasionally. Until I finally got nothing but cold I decided to check it out.
It will start up fine. Exhaust, igniter glows, gas ignites, blower starts up and stays on, yellow flame light is steady for a few secs, then blinks and goes out. The flame of course dies. 4 more attempts. then lockout. Red light blinks 4 times. I am sure that I have a flame sensor that needs to be cleaned up. There is not one on this furnace. I do not even see one on the wiring diagram on the furnace panel. Does the igniter (that looks new and still functions) double as a flame sensor as well? If I purchase a new igniter will this fix the problem?
Robert

Hi,

I'm away from my regular office until late tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I will look it up at that time.

When there isn't a flame sensor seperate, then most often the ignitor doubles as the flame sensor.

I cannot say from here if that is the problem, that would require thorough testing of circuits and cycle sequences.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?