1994 Coleman Heater Model# DGAT056BDC Gas Heater

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cowboy81702

Robert, Thanks again for all your time in this matter, Well replaced the switch you sent me and put it in the right place this time. Well like you told me in the first place it seems to be working just fine now. I hope it stays that way so again, Thanks to all of you for your time and help in this matter. God bless and thanks again, bye
Ronald
Robert

Hi Ronald,

That is great news, glad it is working again for y'all. You're very welcome, happy to have helped some in this matter.

Keep working on those cars as long as you're able, it does not go unnoticed and you're the better person for it.

Happy New Year and God Bless !!

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cowboy81702

Robert, Everything seems to be working just fine so fare,?. But my wife keeps asking me if the heater is working the same way as it did before this problem came up that you help me fix. Anyways keep in mind since this is a double wide mobile home and the heater tubs run underneath the home. I went out the other day and bought a new thermostat for the heater only, a more better one then what was in the house in the first place. But I understand that this house isn't really isolated all that good and it stays kind of cold in the house. But I don't know weather or not it's normal for the heater to be kicking on and off. I have it set on 70 and there is a thermostat next to it to show the real temp in the house. But once the heater reaches 70 it kicks off, but then within ten minutes or so it starts back up again, Is this normal,???.
Thanks Ronald
Robert

Hi Ronald,

If the home is not well insulated, it will lose heat value quickly and keep coming back on.

Could also be a problem with t-stat heat anticipator being off (not set correctly), could be a blocked/clogged burner orifice or burner itself, gas pressure or gas valve problem.

All those can keep furnace chamber from getting hot enough and unit cycling alot.

All of those things would require a Tech with proper equipment to inspect and diagnose.

There is not alot you can safely or effectively do DIY on a gas furnace.

If you have a/c, make sure A-Coil is clean, keep blower assembly, motor and wheel clean.

Make sure duts are ok by removing floor registers, laying light down in duct trunklines (two in a doublewide) and then hold mirror down in duct and look direction of light to inspect trunklines.

Underneath home will be one to two crossover ducts that need to be inspected for kinks, tears or maybe coming disconnected.

These will be hard or not possible with your health issues, so would need a family member or friend to assist there.

Keeping skirting and underbelly tight and sealed up helps alot also.

MH's require constant maintenance and upkeep to ward off potential problems that greatly effect HVAC in the home.

Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cowboy81702

Robert, Once again thanks for your advice on my Mobile home and it's heating system. Last summer I noticed a few small mice running around in my home. Now please understand me when I say since we bought this Mobile Home brand new in 1994. We haven't had any problems with bugs or any other kind of creepy crawling things in our home, and this is because I spray insecticide five too ten times a year. But after seeing and catching a few small mice, two in the house it's self and another two in the vents. I took off the vent covers and took a very strong flash light along with a good size mirror and look all around throughout the entire house and all of it's vents. The one thing I really did see inside the vents was that where the vents come together in a lot of the connection's I could see kind of big holes where either the vent tape has come off or the connection's have slipped apart a little. I have known that this was a problem, my only problem with trying to fix the vents is #1, tearing the under coating down/off, and putting it back up so it will stay,#2 replacing the four vent tubs that are running along the ground and hooking up into the vents. Those are the only two problems I really have.
Thanks again Ronald
Robert

Hi Ronald,

You're very welcome. Yep, those things can be tough to get to and do.

Hopefully problems will continue to be minimal and it will keep y'all warm for many more winters.

Robert