2960-666 Burner won't stay lit -> control lockout

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

AResq

I've got a 23 year old 2960-666 that isn't keeping the burner lit and is falling into lockout. It has a White Rodgers 50E47-843 control that the previous owner replaced in '06 (same model prior), and there is also a new gas valve that he did not install.

I'll notice the blower running and the temp not increasing and find the control flashing a double red (Control in lockout, Ignition recycles exceeded), burner not lit & blower running. Cycling the furnace power resets the control and lights the burner with a solid green light for a couple minutes changing to a flashing green (Low flame signal). The control is wired for direct sense, no flame probe.

I have caught it showing solid green, blower running w/o a lit burner and watched it light off and go back to flashing green.

Ignitor problem? I know the unit needs to be retired, but same old financial story there... I'm hoping to be able to keep the place at 66F.
Robert

Hi,

It is possible to find fault and keep going, BUT not from here without seeing it.

Too many variables and too many dangers to try and diagnose from here with all you stated it is doing.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
AResq

Problem fixed!

I had a service call Tuesday and today they retro'd a flame probe on. Now everything's good to go and we have heat, just in time for tomorrow's ice storm...
Robert

Glad it is fixed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?